Online (Preferred Method)
Make a one-time online donation regardless of how many laps your child runs. We had much success last year with our easy to use, web-based fundraising system. This online system is much easier for you to email out pledge requests to your friends and families or to post on social media. The secure online payments are processed through PayPal. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t!
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/hickscanyon
- Enter your name and email address, then click Register
- You will receive an email with your passcode to log in.
- Return to https://pledgestar.com/hickscanyon/ and log in with your passcode. Once you’ve logged in, click on the button to add a new runner.
- If you have multiple kids at the school, click on the button again and add another runner.
- Upload a photo of your child(ren).
- Scroll down and click on the “Add a family or friend” button.
- The more pledge requests that you send to your family and friends, the more money your child will raise for their school.
- If you used the system last year, you will see the emails that were sent last year. You can just click on the “Send unsent Donation Requests” button.
- The goal defaults to $100 per child, however, you can change that goal. If you hit your goal, it will automatically increase.
- You can also share your pledge page on your social media accounts by copying the link on the bottom of the page.
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. Please call Pledge Star directly at 1-888-598-7510 if you need help.
Cash or Check
Make a one-time cash or check (payable to Hicks Canyon PTO) donation regardless of how many laps your child runs. In addition, students and their families can also sponsor ANY Hicks teacher and/or Mrs. Vela and Mrs. Spangler by making a flat amount donation or an online donation. There is a separate section on the pledge sheet to itemize teacher/principal pledges.